Aren't we all adults?
Just yesterday I had an encounter with someone who I thought was a good friend of mine. We have been friends for the better part of four years. And she decides that since I do not put all of my time into pixelated pet games that I am no longer worthy of her time. Really?
I'm not one to judge, but in retrospect, I realized that the particular person spends countless hours upon hours on her laptop doing pretty much nothing. And I also came to the realization that I do NOT want a computer to rule my relationship with my husband and children. Yes, I've been known to have a tawdry love affair with my laptop. *lol* not really, but you get the picture. I don't want to be that person. I listened to this woman complain over and over about having to READ with her son. The only thing I could think of every time I saw this was....be GRATEFUL that your son even speaks.
For the first for years of my oldest sons life all we heard out of him was the general 'baby talk'. You know, mommy, dad, small words like that. It really burns me up when I see people in a store telling their kids to "shut up" or that they don't want to talk to them. Understand, that everything you have can be tken from you in an instant. Skylar is 7 now, almost 8 and he talks, not like a "normal" 7 year old, but he has come a long way. I could not be anymore proud of him.
So please, just don't take anything for granted. You never know when it can be taken from you. Relish those moments when sounding out "Cat in the Hat" and when you hear stories about movies, and games. It's music to my ears.
I'm not one to judge, but in retrospect, I realized that the particular person spends countless hours upon hours on her laptop doing pretty much nothing. And I also came to the realization that I do NOT want a computer to rule my relationship with my husband and children. Yes, I've been known to have a tawdry love affair with my laptop. *lol* not really, but you get the picture. I don't want to be that person. I listened to this woman complain over and over about having to READ with her son. The only thing I could think of every time I saw this was....be GRATEFUL that your son even speaks.
For the first for years of my oldest sons life all we heard out of him was the general 'baby talk'. You know, mommy, dad, small words like that. It really burns me up when I see people in a store telling their kids to "shut up" or that they don't want to talk to them. Understand, that everything you have can be tken from you in an instant. Skylar is 7 now, almost 8 and he talks, not like a "normal" 7 year old, but he has come a long way. I could not be anymore proud of him.
So please, just don't take anything for granted. You never know when it can be taken from you. Relish those moments when sounding out "Cat in the Hat" and when you hear stories about movies, and games. It's music to my ears.

2 Comments:
At 3:31 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Wow! Not being worthy of someone's friendship because you don't spend the greater part of the day tangled in an electronic love affair doesn't sound like a great loss of a friend to me. This person sounds very depressed and in need of God's loving grace. I will pray for this person. As far as you are concerned, keep loving your family and be the parent God intended you to be!
At 9:29 PM ,
annieskyman said...
Amen Michelle!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home